Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Today on my way home I ran into my elementary school/junior high classmate, her name is Joanna. She is a Taiwanese Filipino and has been suffering from epilepsy since childhood. From what I know she is an extremely devoted Catholic since she was a child and back in the days our classmates always picked on her and I wasn't really nice to her at all. But the way she reacted always I mean always with grace. She never said anything negative nor got herself in a victim mentality or anything. We start to connect with each other since last year owing to the fact that her dad has a restaurant in this neighborhood and we went there every now and then. Her dad was an amazing man in Christ as well. Anyways, Joanna just told me last December her parents got into a terrible car accident and her dad got killed and her mom's face was filled with glass and broke her arm. So I said " Can I pray for you?" and I start to tell her how the enemies wants to mess up with her because she has been doing great things and passionate for the Lord. She is teaching Sunday school and Bible class in a private high school now. There are three kids in her family but she is the only one serving God. Even though she is grieving but the way she reacts is very calm and peaceful. At that moment, Jaeson Ma's testimony just came across my mind so I told her about the story when Jaeson was a youth pastor and there was this one time that he ran into this Asian young man looked frustrated and suicidal in the park or something so Jaeson went up and asked him "can I pray for you?" At first there was no respond at all, so Jaeson went on his road and ask God to help that poor young man. "God, please help him! please...help him!" All of a sudden, God was like "Jaeson! Tell him he is a turtle in my hand, everything is going to be A-OK!" At first he thinks "Is that a devil?" But this voice keeps coming out so Jaeson was like" God, if I am a false prophet it's on you! I am just being obedient!" So he went on telling the boy "Um…God said you’re a turtle in God’s hand and everything is going to be O…K….” Then the boy went on”How did you know? How did you know? I just got into a car accident and my friend got killed and his name is turtle, I am so mad at God and I want to kill myself but I know he is in God’s hand now. Thank you so much.”
As a matter of fact, after I talked to her and shared this testimony with her it really dawned on me that I always spend time going out and being sociable to my friends but leave my family behind. If you someday I lose my dad I don’t want to live with regret for the rest of my days. So I urged you to do what Pastor Jeff was saying this morning "Go hug your family member!!"

Secondly, if someday I perish in this world, I don’t want to leave this world in vain, I want to do everything out of God’s will and I just want to experience this world being transformed to His kingdom because the day we give our life to Christ we already died to the sinful nature of this world therefore we have nothing to lose and nothing to prove. We no longer live for ourselves anymore so we need to make the best of the limited time to live for our purpose on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment