Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012/02/06 You Are a Role Model

These days GBS has been reading Kris Valloton's book called "Super Natural Ways of Royalty." In the first chapter of the book Kris shared this story about how a careless joke hurt his secretary. Sometimes when we try to be funny or tease people little do you know that you are hurting people. Have you ever thought your words might mean something to the people around you? Or you just thought the world is just being picky and harsh against Christians. If you're already being adopted by the king, you better watch your mouth because you are represent the royalty. As a matter of fact, In Scriptures you could discover how many times did Jesus remind us we need to be an imitator to Christ? It's not just to be a person who does not sin, not drink, not cuss or not have sex before marriage but a true representative of JC. When people sees you, they will not think of you but think of Jesus. I guarantee you, the true beautiful of a person is not coming from the outside, that's an inside out thing. You don't need plastic surgery to make your face glowing, all you need to do is transform your mentality.

Yesterday, I got challenged by Pastor Jeff in church service. He said to the congregation  that if you feel like you need to mend relationship with your family then step out and go hug them and don't think it will be better without you doing anything. I was translating the sermon and by the time I said this thing out loud in Chinese I realized this is a great reminder from God. Because the words is coming out from my mouth and if I am not being obedient to those words I will really be a hypocrite who keep talking not walking. So I went home last night, and God kept pushing me and TRUST ME you would never want  to talk to your mom while she was at the peak of her anger. I went on hug her and just be quiet to listen to her yelling at me. I kept weeping and weeping on her shoulder. Of course, those things against me isn't coming from her but the enemy. TRUST ME! LOVE CAN CONQUER ALL!! This morning my mom has a total change of the attitude and keep asking and talking to me. I really appreciate what my mom was doing.  It might seem nothing to you, but for me I feel like that was a reminder of God's grace. If I kept doing what I was doing by going to fellowship all the time and locking my door and zone them out from my room then they might never get the chance to experience my love. At the end of a day, Christianity is not self-help religion, it's not you go to church for two hours and go to Bible study for two hours and then the rest of your week you're still conforming the standard of this world. God picked us to be a transformer of this society, if you can't transform yourself and your family, let alone across the countries. Then other people may never get the chance to experience this almighty and merciful God because you keep that to yourself in your room. How funny was an article that describe religion is like a penis, you can appreciate it in your room to see how great it is but you can't go around with it in public. Because you think it is in appropriate to bring it along. If you think Christianity is  about go to church two hours a week then you don't apply to it in your daily life or feel a shame of  being honest about your faith then you might serve a religion in stead of being a world changer right now. Then that's why you can't see signs and wonders or God's work, because you get so egg-headed about conforming rules and being selfish. All you care about is you are the one being saved and leave other people burn in hell. Do you want to become one of those Pharisees? Heck no! Remember, people of this world are watching what we are doing, you are a role model of this world. If you want to change the stereotype of what the world sees us as Christians that might need your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment