Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012/01/13 Replace My Heart with Yours!

The other day I got into a big fight with one of my best friends and it really dawned on me how judgmental I was. Here's the thing, we were about to host a reunion with some friends and she randomly asked me who's going to the event and then I was a lil bit irritated so I told her "why do you care? You are so tensed about this, Come on! Chill, relax! Just show up!" Because I was irritated by the fact that I am the one who is responsible for pulling off the reunion and I feel like I was the one doing the work and all you folks need to do is show up and why do you have all these opinions kind of mentality and I just assumed she probably asked because she wants to avoid someone which is never true. Anyway, afterward she called me and we had a quarrel over this topic. But during the entire conversation, God kept telling me "Have you ever thought about what would Jesus say or do with it? He will never react the way you react, He can loves me that much, how come you can be that selfish and think about yourself before others?"  Therefore, I kept it quiet during the whole conversation because I knew what I did and I need to bare the consequences especially trying to find an excuse can't do any good on that matter. So, I just simply said I was sorry about the whole thing and Wazapp her again. I know my friend would never hate me, but what if today I was the one being misunderstood?  The Scriptures says" Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Philippians 2:3-5 " Obviously, at that moment I didn't honor God nor my friend. If putting others before yourself it's hard for me to do then I should at least "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. Luke 6:31" which I didn't do it neither.  So today while I was doing my devotion, I had a thought I asked God to replace my heart with His and I was like God could you please tell me how to love? You said Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Apparently, I need to learn the genuine love and its value. I can feel some part of me still hold on to this world and I hate myself for doing or relying on that,  I start to thank Him for making me the way He makes me, bless me with all that He can give. The things of this world I am about to give up can't compare with living a life with Him. I was like "God, I want to be honest with you, it makes me sad to say goodbye to my old self and my old memories with this world but I know it's time for me to move on! Because it is worth it to follow you; it is worth it to give my life for you; it is worth it to be like you! "

No comments:

Post a Comment