Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012/01/09 Forgiveness or Partial Lobotomy?

Let's see if you could whisk away all the bad memories of how people mistreat you by undergoing to a brain surgery, would you choose to go through the surgery or to forgive someone. In my opinion, unforgiveness is just like a big entrance to greet Satan and the rest of its evil army. Have you ever spent your entire free to reminiscing something that is totally against other people, such as "Oh! The other day my boss just put me down in front of lot of my colleague and I don't deserve those kind of treatment!" "I think Susanna just doesn't like me!" "Who the heck he think he is?" Yea yea, those scenarios you name it! In some cases, it's not that person against you or anything, it's just the way he or she treats people and you've been all over your head and think the worst possible situation to put yourself in a crappy position. Ok, in some cases, those scenarios might be true but you still can't bring yourself to forgive that person. Why? Think about how many times you ask God for forgiveness and He gave you the grace and mercy nicer than anyone deserves. Remember in Matthew 18 that unmerciful servant begged the master to canceled his debts and refused to cancel the debts other people owed him. In Scripture Peter asked Jesus about how many times should he forgive his brother??? 77 times!!! "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
Hence, I just want to encourage every single one of us to really think about if you have any unresolved issues, misunderstandings between you and your friends, family or enemies just go ask God for strength and courage to forgive that person. After all, He brings reconciliation and resurrection to your life. As children of God, we have the blood of Christ and we are His representative on earth. Aren't we suppose to be like Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment