Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011/01/11 We Are in This World, Not of This World.

By the time we choose to follow Jesus, the standard of this world does not apply to us any longer. Scriptures says "Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23" Sometimes we still tied ourselves up to the Babylonian system of this world. The other day I was listening to Pastor Jaeson Ma's sermon,  he said something about if you're a believer in God, you have nothing to prove and nothing to lose. It  really dawned on me that I am so obsessed with people's approval. For example, I enjoy being welcomed and loved by people and how people sees me as a person not a child of God. So the other day while I was taking shower, God really speaks to me " Why do you care?" "Why do you want to parade all the things you've done for your cell group or your volunteer works so that you can win compliments from other people?" and then I got Matthew 6:6 popping in my head. Why do I have to parade about those things? If I just do those things out of people's approval so that I  can brag about myself then that's coming from my own pride.  Because it's not about us anymore, it's about Him! It's so not about you! God didn't choose you to be a Christian artist, Christian movie star,  Pastor  and Missioner but a child of God. My point is don't let those labels stop you from being who you are as a child of God. It's not about what we do that forge us to become who we are; it's about who we are as a child of God so we do everything out of love! It's not about we as Christians sit together in schools or workplace and feel comfortable just being around with Christians. That is staying in your comfy zone  to look for survive, we need to go out, mobilize and break bread with those who need us. We might seem eccentric but unique in a good way at the same time. Think about why would your colleague, your friends or your classmates like to share about their private life with you?  Not that because you are good Christian and you have great moral standard but that you are different, you will make comment not of this world. You are creative and let them think of Jesus. If you look through the Matthew you will realize how much Jesus love to chill with nonbelievers, he enjoys wedding party, associate with the nonbelievers. Even some pharisees were holding a judgmental prejudice but see how Jesus reacted? He didn't even care how people sees Him because He is not of this world so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment