Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

When we walk with Jesus for a while, it's easy to think yourself higher than another and you didn't even realize you're doing that. I believe if Bible without application it's literally dead, cell group is not increasing in numbers is literally dead, Christians don't reflect the goodness of the Lord is literally dead. I know it sounds pretty intense but this is what I believe. The thing is, it's easy for me to fall in trap because when people start to look up to me I will be like " Hey, let's not the way how it goes! Come on! You should do it like this!" Last night it was a good reminder that God is watching every single step that I take!

Sometimes I get so paranoid when people start a cell group labeled as a Christian artist cell group,  Christian Scientist cell group, Christian cheerleader cell group or whatever. Then I will think that's an exclusive thing for the ppl who have the same background to join. I will be like " come on! That's survive, that's not revive ok? You guys are getting so exclusive, but like what about ppl from another vocation background want to know Jesus? Would you ask them to join their own vocation cell group" When I was taking shower, I feel like I should tell my friend "The True Definition of Cell Group!" So I wazapp her and told her what I've believed. Ok! Funny thing happened right after I sent out that wazapp! I got a message from a non-Christian while I was ticked off (here's the thing, don't process too much! it will go from nothing to something bad!). He asked me "Can you tell me what does it say in Romans Chapter 12?"  I was like " Living Sacrifice and Love!" and my friend was like "That's it?"  I was like "Yea!" Because I didn't even read the content except for the theme of the chapter. But afterward I feel like God was telling me to read through the chapter, a verse just hit my heart, it's pretty much like a slap in the face spiritually. "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. --Romans 12:3"  I was like "Ok! God! I am sorry!"  Right after I finished reading the passage, my friend called and she kept apologizing. I feel so bad right now! So, to anyone who is reading this article, you know I am sending this message to you! I am so sorry for throwing my "humility" out of window!

No comments:

Post a Comment