Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fire without Heat

As I walk and live in intimacy with Jesus daily, I've come to realize that the most important part of my relationship with Jesus is knowing and believing that I'm Loved.
I think the Enemy of our souls tries his best to rob this truth from us because of its power. There's massive power that comes with knowing how much God loves you and actually believing it.
When you don’t know and don’t believe in God's love for you, intimacy with Jesus starts to feel like you have to work for it and do your best to maintain it instead of living in it.
The other day I was thinking about Martha and Mary( Luke 10:38-42) Martha thought she was serving the Lord with all her heart and she eventually complained to Jesus and also compared herself with her sister.(which tends to happen a lot among sisters in the church) Now there’s nothing wrong with Martha cooking a meal for everyone,(I would have just asked a miracle from Jesus to feed us all and do the dishes too and clean up)I mean if Jesus(in person) decided to come over my house with all his disciples, I would probably be really under a lot of stress especially he just raised my brother Lazarus from the dead!!! It’s just that in the process of all that Martha was doing, she started to work for intimacy, because she had missed out on how much Jesus loved her. She had missed out on knowing and believing in the Love of Jesus and that his love does not need us to be perfect.
In 1st Corinthians 13:
Paul says “If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing”. Basically jumping into a Fire for the name of Jesus is meaningless if you don’t know how much you're loved. God is love, He is all about Love, if we live a life of working for intimacy instead of receiving it and living in it without Jesus who is a Gift of Love from God, it all becomes meaningless.
Serving God without God's love and serving him without knowing how much He loves you is like lighting a cold fire, and that just leaves you absolutely exhausted.
Knowing and believing in God's love for you is the foundation of intimacy with Jesus. When you know you're loved you stop living under condemnation but you begin to live in a life giving relationship with Jesus. John 3:16.
Continue to walk in Love with Jesus, You're Loved
WOW
Ucoming Events!!!
Women Of Worth The Event, "Born for such a time as this"
October 22-23. 7;30(Friday) 10am-4pm saturday, Takashimaya department store10th fl, Taipei Taiwan
500NTD registration fee

Will give more

No comments:

Post a Comment